2012 Debuts with Emphasis on Costs, Mobility
January 23, 2012 1 Comment
Don’t be surprised by the government’s intensifying focus on costs in 2012. The IT budget survived intact, but legislative and policy initiatives force a high degree of cost-consciousness.
Here is some of what’s driving the cost wave:
- Reimbursable contractor salaries
- Firm, fixed-price contracts
- Tightening up use of interagency contracts
- Shared First
How do you succeed in this environment?
- Align pricing/bid strategies to the new reality.
- Develop standard services packages and make sure you can execute them consistently, giving you the ability to make fixed-price offers with confidence.
- Predictive analysis, pattern recognition, data-mining and similar capabilities will be in demand. Figure out solutions with your products and those of partners.